NCES coordinates two energy bill assistance programs for low-income residents in our service area:
- The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) provides payment assistance with home energy bills.
The one time per program year payment varies depending on income, household size, and funding.
Households facing shutoff (customer has received 15-day or 48-hour notice) may receive immediate
help at emergency service sites centrally located in Lake, Mendocino, Napa, Sonoma,
Solano & Yolo counties or by fax. Applicants can also call our 1-800-233-4480 toll-free number
to request an application.
- California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) is a discount rate program offered by PG&E which
gives eligible low-income households a 20% discount on their energy bill.
HEAP applicants may be eligible for Weatherization Services. Energy efficiency-improving measures are done in the
home to reduce energy costs. This program is available to renters as well as homeowners.
Owners of rental property are not charged when these services are provided for their tenants. Weatherization services may include:
- Heating and gas appliance safety and efficiency inspection with possible repair or replacement of existing systems.
- On-site home inspection to determine energy losses.
- In-house crew implementation for installation of energy conservation and heat loss measures.
- Post work inspection of quality, safety, and client satisfaction.
HVAC Repair & Replacement
To apply for this program please call (707) 463-0303 or 1-800-233-4480 & request an application for the HCS program.
- Applicants must provide household income documentation for the past 30 days.
- Applicants must provide current utility bills for the past 30 days.
- Applicants must provide information about their current heat source.
This program is to provide heat to homes that have no current heat source or if the existing heat source cannot be repaired
or is inappropriate for the tenant (e.g. wood heat for elderly or extremely disabled).